Thursday, July 12, 2018

Happy National Etch A Sketch Day!

When I saw the book, A Separate Peace, on one of the front tables at Barnes and Nobles today, my heart sank.

I remember the misery of being a not-so-good student and trying to write a book report on it in middle school.

Snapping a quick picture of the cover, I sent it to my sister with the comment, "Oh dear."

Thank goodness she helped me put my thoughts into words for that assignment. It's a shared memory that we can laugh at now.

Sorta.

Writing was never my strong suit.

I still don't consider myself a writer.

But give me the floor and I'll tell you a story.

A dear friend texted me today to say, "Happy National Etch A Sketch Day!"

Hearing about this special day, I felt compelled to write to thank you all, my friends and family, who support me as I tell my stories through, "Musings, Morals & Bees."

Your comments have made me feel like a writer and a professional Etch A Sketcher.

But mostly, I've felt the love from friends old and new and near and far.

It's an incredible feeling.

I feel a bit like George Bailey in, "It's a Wonderful Life," really.

I'm the richest gal in town!


Happy National Etch A Sketch Day!







No comments:

Post a Comment