Saturday, October 5, 2013

Where did my bees go?

When I was trying to decide the title of my blog, I wanted to include bees.  Bees in my bonnet that is. The things that annoy me... the daily irritants that get on my nerves.

The interesting thing is, now that I have a place to air my grievances, I'm having trouble finding something to gripe about.  Sure, I get annoyed at the people standing in my way in the aisles of the grocery store. Don't they have any spacial awareness? And, no, I don't want to see anyone's barefoot on a car dashboard. I hate feet. And, yes, it bugs me when I have to cross into oncoming traffic to go around a cyclist on a two lane road.  Why bike ride on a two lane road at 5:00 in the afternoon? That solid yellow line means something to me.

But, these little things just don't seem to be bothering me as much lately. It has been a while since that day I felt the need to ram my cart into the girl who was wandering aimlessly through Target while talking on her phone keeping me from getting by.

Perhaps by giving myself a place to share what irritates me, I have cured myself of being annoyed. Now when I hear other people complaining, I want to counsel them to let it go. Life is too short to get bothered by things we cannot control.

I'm keeping the word "bees" in the title. It just has a nice ring to it. Not to mention, the picture of the little bee my son added to the title is so cute.

And, I imagine I'll be back in touch with my complaining side before I know it. But for now, I'm enjoying not bee-ing annoyed.

Where's my bonnet?

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha....my feet are always on the dashboard and my husband is probably that biker on the road (he has as much right to be there are cars do.) Too funny! But I'm glad you're adopting the "life is too short" attitude. I think it's has been well earned with age (not that you're old, just in your prime!) NancyR

    ReplyDelete